Friday, January 26, 2007

I <3 Red Machine




I came across Naked Fruit Juice at Sam's Club one day. They sell 2 large bottles of the "Red Machine" for $10 and the bottle says there's 4 lbs of fruit in each bottle. It's a natural blend of strawberries, raspberries, cranberries, pomegranates, oranges, bananas, red grapes...and they even added some flax seed and some red sea algae for good measure. With all that stuff in it, I'll admit..the first time I had a glass, I was a little scared to take that first sip!

After I tasted it though I wished I hadn't waited so long to try it - this stuff is f*cking delicious! So delicious that it was imperative I put the "f" word before the delicious part, no kidding! I'm not even a fruit smoothie person, but after drinking it I don't think I can claim the same. It's seriously addicting - I usually have a cup in the morning and it works as good as coffee ever did for me, as far as alertness, and it fills me up, so it's a good breakfast. Or late night snack. Or whenever you feel like a tasty treat :)

Right now I am out of it and totally pining for it - so much so, that I had to come here and write about it! Hopefully some time this weekend I'll make it out to Watertown and stock up again. It's a bit of a drive, so I get at least 6 bottles each time.

So if anybody out there likes smoothies, you should check it out. You won't regret it. And even if your not a smoothie person, try it anyway! It's fiercely tasty! Not too mention VERY good for you.

They have a lot of different kinds of juice and each has their own "family" - Red Machine is part of the "Superfood" family (they also have Blue Machine, Green Machine and a Purple Machine) - Each family caters to different needs or tastes...for example:

The "Antioxidant Family"

The "Energy Family" (Which has, Orange Mango Motion & Strawberry Kiwi Kick ! I really wanna try these out!)
The "Protein Family"

The "Well being Family"

Sams club is missing a few I want to try, which is kind of a bummer, but we have The Mustard Seed that carries them, so the next time I'm out that way, I'm going to stop in and see if they have a larger variety. For now I'm good with Red Machine though..so I haven't been rushing!

Anyway, here's some of the nutritional info for Red Machine (if you can see it - it's kinda small) - And I hope you enjoyed my product endorsement for the week! I seem to be doing a lot of these lately..ha. You can also look more into the juice @ www.nakedjuice.com



(click on the image for a larger version)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds pretty awesome! Im hooked on Bolthouse Farms drinks when im lookin for a fruit blast but I've seen the Naked juice and I've been wanting to try it....you've just given me some incentive or ambition....its too late in the day for me to use big words....in other words...i should probably try it. I dont know about this "replacing coffee" thing tho...that sounds a lil blasphemous to the almighty coffee bean....shhhhh he might hear!!!