Sunday, November 27, 2005

Scary - Fort Riley Tornado hits Ellis Heights

Today I saw my first tornado, it was really scary and it seemed to only touch down on our street. For about 2 blocks there is some pretty extensive damage, with some houses barely touched. My house was one of those that was barely touched, there's just some minor damage to the outside. Yes, I'm grateful. My tree line out behind my backyard is no more..all the trees back there are in half or worse..peoples fenced were in knots..and so much more.

I'm still trying to get a grip on all of it really. It's chaos on my street, I left earlier tonight to go get a lantern because I didn't think we'd have electricity for a while, and the MP's wouldn't allow me to drive back down my street for some reason..but as we walked back towards our house, we noticed that lights were back on. Which is amazing I think.

Anyway..here are some pics of my street. I think I'm still in shock of it all. My nerves are shot.

These aren't even pictures of the real bad stuff..my camera died before I was able to take pictures of some of the houses.













2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!! im glad to hear that ur somewhat ok minus the shock...ive never experienced a tornado or seen aftermath firsthand.

SeeingDouble said...

Wow, that's the most I've seen of the damage so far. I live in N. Warner Heights, I can't believe it touched down so close! I'm glad your house is ok.